We love to see everyone who joins us Sunday mornings in worship, but we know sometimes people are ill, or their busy lives keep them away.
Don’t miss out! Now, you can see the past sermons by following the links on this page.
Oct. 15, 2017
Rev. Amy Seifert begins a five-week stewardship series by challenging the congregation to pray.
Oct. 1, 2017
On World Communion Sunday, Rev. Amy Seifert concludes our sermon series on vows with a message about receiving Jesus as Savior and professing that fact to others.
Sept. 24, 2017
Pastor Amy continues the sermon series on vows with a look at what it means to remain faithful.
Sept. 17, 2017
Rev. Amy Seifert continues her sermon series on vows with a look at how we can go further to confess, trust and serve God.
- Sept. 10, 2017 – Pastor Amy begins a new sermon series that examines the vows we take at our baptism and when we seek membership in the United Methodist Church. In this opening sermon, she shares thoughts about renouncing, rejecting and repenting from sin.
- Sept. 3, 2017 – Lay Servant Todd Seifert shares a message about planting seeds, nurturing belief, pulling the weeds of life and, finally, helping Jesus as one of the laborers in the harvest.
- Aug. 27, 2017 – Pastor Amy concludes her sermon series on the Apostle’s Creed, based on the book “Creed” by the Rev. Adam Hamilton, with a look at what we believe when we say “resurrection of the body.”
- Aug. 20, 2017 – What we say and do speaks volumes — not just about us, but about our witness as Christians in today’s world. In light of the hatred displayed in Charlottesville, Virginia, how should a Christian respond? The key is love.
- Aug. 13, 2017 – Lay Speaker Deb Eberly provides a message about how God accomplishes great things through the wounded who call on their Creator to mend broken hearts.
- Aug. 6, 2017 – Rev. Amy Seifert continues her sermon on the Apostle’s Creed by explaining the importance of the forgiveness of sin and how it restores our relationship with God.
- July 30, 2017 – Pastor Amy continues her sermon series on the Apostle’s Creed by explaining our role in the “holy catholic church” and the “communion of saints.”
- July 23, 2017 – Rev. Amy Seifert picks back up with the Apostle’s Creed sermon series by looking at our belief in the Holy Spirit.
- July 16, 2017 – Pastor Joan Frenzel serves as a guest preacher and asks each person: What kind of soil do you want to be?
- July 9, 2017 – The Apostle’s Creed sermon series continues with a look at Jesus being both divine and human.
- July 2, 2017 – Pastor Amy starts a sermon series on the Apostle’s Creed with a look at what it means to believe in God.
- June 25, 2017 – Rev. Amy Seifert talks about being focused on Christ helps turn away from sin. The Red Baron’s demise serves as an example of “perseveration.” In short, turn away from sin and focus on Jesus.
- June 18, 2017 – Rev. Amy Seifert uses part of Paul’s letter to the Romans to remind us that we are all not only to forgive but also to forget, just as Christ pardons us from our sins.
- June 11, 2017 – Pastor Amy uses the illustration of a traffic roundabout and cooperation to illustrate how we can live in peace instead of in competition.
- June 4, 2017 – Rev. Amy Seifert leads the congregation in a celebration of Pentecost with stories of copyrights and patents, tied together with an explanation of how the birth of the church expanded God’s messages to the masses.
May 21, 2017 – On United Methodist Women and graduation Sunday, the Rev. Ashlee Alley serves as our guest speaker and challenges the congregation to claim its heritage as followers of Christ while building a legacy for the future.
- May 14, 2017 – Pastor Amy shares a message about the importance of following the greatest of all time — Jesus – as we live our everyday lives.
- May 7, 2017 – Todd Seifert, certified lay servant, uses the illustration of the discovery of the “Instruction Scroll” during a temple renovation to urge us to renovate our spiritual lives.
- April 30, 2017 – Pastor Amy challenges us to move beyond welcoming visitors and to help all newcomers to feel like honored guests. We experienced trouble with the video, so here is the transcript of the message: Sermon 4.30.17
- April 23, 2017 – Pastor Amy explains how suffering is never easy, but we can overcome it because God is always present amid our afflictions.
- Easter (April 16, 2017) – Pastor Amy encourages the Havelock UMC congregation to look for Christ in the laborer and traveler during her Easter message. This video features the entire traditional 9:30 a.m. service.
- April 9, 2017 – On Palm Sunday, Pastor Amy shares a message about how Jesus emptied himself for our benefit. Are we willing to give up something to follow Christ to the cross this week?
- March 26, 2017 – We don’t like to hear the word “no.” But sometimes, it’s best for us to embrace the word to prevent us from doing things that are not pleasing to God.
- March 12, 2017 – Pastor Amy talks about how “spiritual” blood loss was healed thanks to Jesus choosing to die for us on the cross.
- March 5, 2017 – Rev. Amy Seifert shares scripture about Jesus being tempted by the devil to illustrate how we should say “no” to worldly things but wholeheartedly say “yes’ to God.
- Feb. 26, 2017 – Pastor Amy urges the congregation to cast aside the fears we often have and instead to trust in God.
- Feb. 19, 2017 – Pastor Amy shares tools available to relieve stress, including Psalm 119.
- Feb. 12, 2017 – Pastor Amy shares a message meant to help people consider whether they want to give into the power of God’s love instead of giving in to anger.
- Feb. 5, 2017 — Pastor Amy encourages us all to strive to be a light in the world and to “retain our saltiness” in the pursuit of mercy and justice as we live up to the mission given to us by Jesus.
- Jan. 29, 2017 – Pastor Amy takes recent events into account and asks if we want to be great or good?
- Jan. 22, 2017 — Pastor Amy shares a word from Paul to teach how Christians should speak with each other despite our divides.
- Jan. 15, 2017 — Lay Speaker Deb Eberly shares her testimony as a message encouraging people to listen to the call of God in their lives as they seek to live with a “Grateful, Faithful Heart.”
- Jan. 8, 2017 – Lay Speaker Pam Savery shares a message about epiphanies and how we can help others discover Jesus.
- Jan. 1, 2017 – Lay Leader Bob Lamb shares stories from a journey to John Wesley’s homeland and a message about God’s pursuit of us.
- Dec. 24, 2016 – Pastor Amy uses the Christmas Eve service to encourage the congregation to “Be Love, Do Love.”
- Dec, 18, 2016 – Weather prompted postponement of our service. The link takes you to a transcript of the prepared sermon on showing obedience to God.
- Dec. 4, 2016 – Pastor Amy continues our Advent journey by sharing thoughts about God’s “Down to Earth Love.”
- Nov. 20, 2016 – Pastor Amy uses an illustration about rocks to show the importance of filling our lives first with faith in Christ.
- Nov. 13 2016 – Pastor Amy encourages us to recognize that there is still much work to be done for the Kingdom.
- Nov. 6, 2016 – We celebrate All SAints Day by thinking about mentors we’ve had along our Christian journey.
- Oct. 23, 2016 – Pastor Amy explores the saying “My bad” as a means of understanding what we must recognize our own mistakes.
- Oct. 16, 2016 – Havelock UMC celebrates its Consecration Sunday with a review of how stewardship is a decision made for a lifetime.
- Oct. 9, 2016 – We conclude our stewardship series by learning about “giving all we can.” Because of audio problems, we provide a transcript.
- Oct. 2, 2016 – We learn what it means to “save all you can.”
- Sept. 25, 2016 – We learn what it means to “earn all you can.”
- Sept. 18, 2016 – Our stewardship series kicks off with an overview of Wesley’s rules for money: Earn all you can, save all you can and give all you can.
- Sept. 11, 2016 – Our “Half Truths” series concludes with a look at the phrase “Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner.”
- Sept. 4, 2016 – The “Half Truths series continues with a look at the phrase “God said it. I believe it. That settles it.”
- Aug. 28, 2016 – The “Half Truths” series continues with a look at the phrase “God will not give you m ore than you can handle.”
- Aug. 21, 2016 – Our “Half Truths” sermon series continues with a look at the phrase “God helps those who help themselves.”
- Aug. 14, 2016 – We start a sermon series about “Half Truths” of the Bible with a look at the phrase “Everything Happens for a Reason”
- Aug. 7, 2016 – Pastor Amy uses the glass skywalks as an illustration of how we have to walk in faith for Jesus.
- July 31, 2016 – Pastor Amy uses emojis to explain how we have to show our true selves to be the b est witnesses for Christ possible.
- July 24, 2016 – Pray often with passion as a way of having a closer relationship with Christ.
- July 10, 2016 – The parable of the Good Samaritan serves as an example of how we are to treat others, regardless of our differences.
- July 3, 2016 – Uncommon valor shown by everyday heroes is shown in the story of the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima.
- June 26, 2016 – Learn the importance of paying attention to God’s call in your life to be open to the fruits of the Spirit.
- June 12, 2016 – The “Dare to Dream” sermon series concludes with a caution to watch out for “big buts” in responding to God’s call.
- June 5, 2016 – The “Dare to Dream” sermon series continues with an admonition to watch for our own burning bushes in life.
- May 29, 2016 – The Dare to Dream sermon series continues with a challenge to form a “Big, Hairy, Audacious God Purpose.”
- May 22, 2016 – Dare to Dream by figuring out your mission for Christ in the world today.
- May 15, 2016 – The “Field of Dreams” sermon series concludes with some final lessons from the ball field.
- May 1, 2016 – See the start of a sermon series using “Field of Dreams” as a metaphor for listening to the Holy Spirit.
- April 24, 2016 – See how telephone poles serve as a metaphor for changing how we do things as Christians to further God’s kingdom on Earth.
- April 17, 2016 – We celebrate UMW Sunday by learning about how Jesus is our shepherd.
- April 10, 2016 – Fulfill Jesus’ desire for us to “feed his sheep.”
- April 3, 2016 – Confirmation Sunday provided an opportunity to remember the vows we all take as United Methodists
- March 27, 2016 – Our Easter sermon celebrates the empty tomb and the fact that Jesus has risen!
- March 20, 2016 – “24 Hours that Changed the World: The Crucifixion”
- March 13, 2016 – “24 Hours that Changed the World: The Torture and Humiliation of the King”
- March 6, 2016 – Sorry, technical troubles prevented video recording.
- Feb. 28, 2016 – “24 Hours that Changed the World: Before the Sanhedrin”
- Feb. 21, 2016 – “24 Hours that Changed the World: Garden of Gethsemane”
- Feb. 14, 2016 – “24 Hours that Changed the World: The Upper Room”
- Feb. 7, 2016 – Learn how we all can remain spiritually alive.
- Jan. 31, 2016 – Guard against becoming spiritual vampires.
- Jan. 24, 2016 – In the sermon series “Undead,” we learn to avoid becoming spiritual zombies.